The Soccer Academy is open to students who demonstrate talent and potential in soccer, and is only available for students in Years 9 and 10 in 2022. The program will run across both semesters, and be a full year commitment.
The Specialist Soccer Academy is aimed at students who:
- Demonstrate skill and a commitment to soccer
- Wish to spend time in further development
- Aim to compete at a higher level than that of the average student
Entry to the academy is by application and a trialling process.
Selection criteria will include:
- Potential high level of ability/performance
- A high level of coachability
- A positive sporting attitude
- A positive attitude towards school and study
The structure of the program will include skill development, fitness, theory components and competitions. Theory components will include team play and tactics, fitness, coaching and umpiring, prevention and management of injuries.
Students will be expected to come prepared to sessions, and ready to participate in both practical and theory components. Student progress and achievement will be reviewed throughout the year.