Governing councils are bodies that govern a school or preschool.
Governing councils work with the site leader to help set and monitor the direction of the site.
At Craigmore High School the Governing Council meets on Tuesday evenings in week 3 and 8 of each term. Attending meetings are a significant part of being on governing council, however you might also:
- Be on an interview panel to select the site’s principal
- Need to deal with media in response to an event or a good news story
As a governing council representative you work with the principal to:
- Involve the local community
- Develop and approve local policies
- Set the broad direction and vision of the site
- Monitor and review the site improvement plan
There are a number of roles on the Craigmore High School Governing Council including:
- Representative on a number of committees including Canteen Committee and WHS Committee
If you would like to know more about how to become involved with the Craigmore High School Governing Council, please contact Deb Merritt, Governing Council Chairperson, by leaving a message with Toni Lachs on 8254 6522.